Monday, December 10, 2012

My Savior


Now I lay down with you to sleep,
I pray your silhouette is mine to keep,
thy angels watch us through the night,
And keep us safe till morning’s light.

Now I lay down with you to sleep,
I pray your heart is mine to keep,
If we should die before we wake,
Bless us Lord our souls to take.

Now I lay down with you to sleep,
I promise I am forever yours to keep,
Angels watch us through the night,
And wake us with the morning light.
__________________________________
I feel like I need to explain this one. I usually just leave my poetry up to interpretation but this time I want to explain it. I am not Christian, but to those of you who are, you probably know this is almost the exact same as the Children Lord’s Prayer. That was my point. I used the prayer and changed it to refer to our relationship. I am in love with someone, and he is my savior. The Lord is the savior for Christians, in a similar way to how Kyle is my savior. He has saved me from myself, just as God/Jesus saved Christians from their sins. This poem is for him, and I love him more than anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment